If boredom can kill, then many should have been dead in the many days wasted in the past. Project Samara Fae is my Personal Blog, showcasing the little bits of a mundane everyday life and transforming it to something exciting.

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Deviantart

Twitter

Haruhi Cosplay Shoot

Posted by Samara Fae - -

Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu



I am very much blessed to be surrounded by people who are really willing to help me in achieving my dream: that is, to do a cosplay shoot. I have always admired Alodia Gosienfao and the Tuxedo Team way back in DeviantArt. I knew someday I could do an awesome cosplay shoot myself, and that someday finally came.

Rik-san referred me to one darling of the crowd cosplayers from the MINTHACC (Mindanao Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention) last May 8 and 9. She's the super cute to the nth level, Xiao. I knew her cosplaying as my childhood anime superstar, Sailormoon in the MINTHACC. 

She's really adorable, just as lovable (even though sly) as Haruhi Suzumiya. Cosplaying as Haruhi in our Cosplay Shoot was like having a photoshoot with the real anime celebrity. Xiao was great in projecting the cute  character in front my camera. 

We did the shoot in People's Park here in our city. It was quite crowded, but tolerable. Xiao was really cool with the onlookers, even when the eyes of the people were on her, she only had her attention at my camera and looked really comfortable. I like her confidence, it actually made me more confident with doing the shots and guiding her pose and also comfortable in moving around with my camera and capturing her best angles, and in composing my shots. 

As a beginner in photography, I always have my firsts. I had beautiful shots of Xiao as Haruhi. Although there were still lots of aspects that I found out in my experience and discovered a lot of things that I can still improve. In doing the cosplay shoot, I had learned a lot. Although there were still important things I have missed out and although my shots still looked 'general', and nothing so much astounding that would make them stand out from the rest of Haruhi Cosplay Shots, I know that the next time I do my shoot, I would be able to note my errs and apply the things I have learned in my experience.

I Command You

Fuun in the Paark

Bleh~





I would like to thank Xiao for cosplaying for me, my ever so supportive brother and assistant, Yael, and Errol, my fellow photography enthusiast who's been helping me in my queries about photography and giving me reference photos to help me gain inspiration for my shots. 

2 Responses so far.

  1. Riki-chan says:

    Ganda ng effect ng diffuse glow kay Xiao~
    clap clap clap, like like like, more more more~
    Galing mo Loreen~ More power!

  2. ryan says:

    keep it up maam.

Leave a Reply